Clinical Research Award
The Clinical Research Award recognizes individuals whose research has significantly and positively impacted the oncology patient, family and/or community.
The Clinical Research Award recipient is recognized at the ACCC National Oncology Conference. The winner receives the following:
- $1,000 cash award plus a plaque
- Travel expenses (round-trip coach airfare, accommodation, meals, parking, mileage)
- Meeting registration fee waived
- Lifetime membership of the ACCC National Academy of Community Oncology Scientists.
A “Call for Nominations” is issued in February. Members complete and submit the Award Nomination Form. The Award Selection Committee reviews the nominations and presents their top three (3) choices to the Board of Trustees in May. The Board considers suggestions and selects the winner. The winner is then notified and recognized at the National Oncology Conference in the fall.
- Nominee MUST be able to attend and personally accept award at the National Oncology Conference.
- Nominee must have proven to be a leader in clinical trials for the development, participation and evaluation of studies (for example, research including screening and treatment, risk assessment, treatment, supportive care).
- Nominee has developed new screening, risk assessment, treatment, or supportive care programs for cancer patients.