Home > About > Awards FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions About ACCC Awards
Open All Close All
- Can I nominate an organization for an Award?
- Yes. You may nominate an organization for the Cancer Program Member Awards (Innovator Awards) OR for the Annual Achievement Award (Individual/Organizational Award); however, only individuals can be nominated for the Clinical Research or David King Community Clinical Scientist Awards (Individual Awards).
- Can I nominate myself for an award?
- Yes. An individual may nominate him/herself or his/her organization for an award.
- Can someone nominated in a previous year be nominated again?
- Yes. There is no limit to nominations as long as they did not win an award previously.
- Can I nominate someone posthumously for his or her work?
- Yes. ACCC does give awards posthumously.
- What is the difference between the awards?
- ACCC awards are divided into three categories: Cancer Program Member Awards; Individual Awards; and Individual/Organizational Awards.
- Cancer Program Member Awards (Innovator Awards) honor member programs that exhibit forward-thinking strategic planning and have developed pioneering programs and replicable models.
- Individual Awards (Clinical Research and David King Community Clinical Scientist Awards) are extended annually to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the oncology patient, family and/or community.
- Individual/Organizational Awards (Annual Achievement Award) recognize individuals or organizations that have made significant contributions, nationally and/or internationally, to cancer care and to patients with cancer.
- How are award recipients selected?
- The awards process varies depending on whether or not it is a Cancer Program Member Award, Individual Award, or an Individual/Organizational Award. In general, however, a Call for Nominations or Abstracts is issued, followed by a review and a selection period. Award recipients are honored and issued their awards during the National Oncology Conference which is held in the fall.
- When will I be notified if my nominee is chosen as an Award Winner?
- Award winners are notified immediately after the review period is completed.
- When and where are Award Winners recognized?
- Award recipients are honored and presented with their awards during the National Oncology Conference which is held in the fall.