ACCC Innovator Awards
In its seventh year, the Association of Community Cancer Centers Innovator Awards honor Cancer Program Members for their pioneering achievements in oncology. Innovations should advance the goals of improving access, quality, and value in cancer care delivery.
Some suggested areas of focus are:
- Community Outreach
- At-Risk Populations
- Process Improvement
- Supportive Care
- Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Immuno-Oncology Implementation
Past Innovator Award winner topics include:
- Reducing Patient Financial Distress
- HPV Outreach and Education
- Maximizing Tele-Health Technology
- Enhancing Survivorship through Care Coordination
- Outreach for Underserved Communities
- Symptom Management Clinics
- Immunotherapy Access in Rural Settings
Criteria for Submissions
- Is your program innovative, creating positive change for your patients and staff?
- Is it a new or improved approach to an issue often seen in cancer care delivery?
- Can this be replicated or adapted to other community-based cancer programs?
- Does this innovation advance patients’ access to quality cancer care? Does it result in more comprehensive service? Expand services? Provide a new service?
- Does your innovation look to eliminate inefficiencies and reduce cost of care? Improve care coordination among multidisciplinary team members?
- Will it be cost-effective to implement? Will it result in cost saving or generate measurable ROI?
- Does your program demonstrate value to patients and payers?
Winners will present their innovations at the ACCC 34th National Oncology Conference, October 18–20, 2017, in Nashville, TN, and will be featured in our journal, Oncology Issues.
Winners receive regional and national exposure as their innovations are shared with oncology care providers, the broader healthcare community, and national press outlets. Applicants must be affiliated with ACCC as a Cancer Program Member. Winners will be selected through a peer review process.