FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Lori Gardner, Senior Director
Communications & Marketing
301.984.9496 ext. 226
For Immediate Release: September 24, 2012
Association of Community Cancer Centers to Honor 10 Cancer Programs for Their 30-Year Membership, Long-Standing Commitment to Quality Care
ROCKVILLE, Md.—The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) will recognize 10 cancer programs that have been members for 30 years and exhibit long-standing support to the oncology community.
“This group of 10 cancer programs helped shape the Association into the leading education and advocacy organization for the cancer team,” said ACCC President George Kovach, MD. “We would like to recognize them for their long-standing dedication to the Association of Community Cancer Centers and the mission to advance quality cancer care in their communities.
These ten cancer programs will be honored at the ACCC 29th National Oncology Conference in San Antonio, Tex., on October 4, 2012:
- Grand View Hospital Cancer Program in Sellersville, Pennsylvania
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Hallmark Health Cancer Center in Stoneham, Massachusetts
- Mercy Hospital St. Louis, David C. Pratt Cancer Center in St. Louis, Missouri
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Thomas & Dorothy Leavey Cancer Center, in Northridge, California
- Ochsner Cancer Institute in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation for Health Care, Research and Education in Mountain View, California
- PeaceHealth Southwest Regional Cancer Center in Vancouver, Washington
- St. Joseph’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Cancer Institute in Tampa, Florida
- St. Mary’s Medical Center, Oncology Program in Evansville, Indiana
- Winthrop University Hospital Institute for Cancer Care in Mineola, New York
These programs range from small community programs to major academic programs that see more than 2,000 patients annually. They each offer, however, comprehensive cancer services, cutting-edge treatments, and a multidisciplinary team committed to quality care.